Fresh Kale Salad with Cashew Almond Spread
Ever messaged your kale before? The secret to a great tasting kale salad full of nutrition and fiber is the preparation before you bring it to life with our Tumeric & Lemongrass Spread! The perfect zippy flavour to bring life back to your salad again!
- Remove the tough ribs from the leaves by using a chef’s knife to slice out the stems or just pull the leaves from the ribs with your fingers (stems can be sautéed later).
- Chop the kale into tiny small bit pieces.
- Transfer chopped kale to a serving bowl and sprinkle sea salt to help remove the bitter taste.
- Grab kale with clean hands and massage with hands to help make it softer.
- In a separate small bowl dissolve 2 tablespoons of Crooked Tree Tumeric & Lemongrass Cashew Almond Spread with 1 tablespoon of water and 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon, stir until dissolved.
- Drizzle salad marinade over salad and message again.
- Toss your favourite additions overtop like, cashews, sunflower seeds, feta or cranberries for extra colour!
- Let sit if you have time and let the marinade soak into the kale up to 10 minutes.